There are many hair loss treatments available on the market. The most common ones are also the most obvious ones – hair loss shampoos. Herbal shampoos for hair loss are a great addition to any overall treatment plan and can also be a complete treatment on their own for milder cases or as a preventative measure for hair loss or hair thinning.
Reasons for using a herbal hair loss shampoo over a regular shampoo:
- Herbal hair loss shampoos are usually formulated to be gentle on the hair and scalp in order to facilitate healing without damaging the hair
- Hair loss shampoos are designed to protect existing hair and increase volume, diminishing the appearance of thinning hair
- Hair loss shampoos can in themselves promote healing and regeneration of the hair follicles and also aid with the absorption of nutrients and compounds from any additional hair loss treatment used in conjunction with them
- Herbal hair loss shampoos are specifically designed to promote healthy circulation in the scalp, which is essential for promoting the healing of the follicles
Reasons for using a herbal hair loss shampoo rather than a chemically derived shampoo:
- Herbal shampoos are gentler on the hair and scalp
- Herbal shampoos are less likely to have any adverse side effects
- Herbal shampoos are less likely to have any contraindications and can usually be used in conjunction with other hair treatments without causing harm
- Herbal hair loss shampoos often contain essential oils such as rosemary and lavender, and can also contain naturally sourced caffeine (for stimulating circulation around the follicles) and various more exotic plant extracts such as Eclipta alba
Our favourite herbal hair loss shampoos:
A completely natural shampoo that’s entirely free of the standard commercial detergent found in most regular (and even some “herbal”) shampoos. It relies on the power of cold-pressed, organic essential oils such as rosemary and bay to stimulate the scalp and increase circulation.
This herbal shampoo uses a blend of familiar and exotic herbal extracts and essential oils to detoxify, balance and stimulate the scalp, treating both hair loss and dry, flaky skin. It contains white lupine, basil and tea tree oil, as well as some hair nourishing and thickening agents.
A gentle herbal blend using a combination of essential oils to increase circulation plus a combination of specially formulated amino acid to nourish the scalp and “wake up” dormant follicles
A completely natural, clinically proven product harnessing the power of white lupine to balance, nourish and stimulate the scalp.
A herbal shampoo that uses plant derived caffeine for scalp and follicle stimulation. It is designed predominantly for post-menopausal women, although is suitable for use by women suffering from other types of hair loss as well.
This shampoo uses apple polyphenol that acts as both an antifungal and an antioxidant, as well as retinol which is effective in increasing the absorption of substances such as minoxidil, the most popular hair loss treating substance in use today.